viernes, 25 de enero de 2008

Crustless Quiche


CRUSTLESS QUICHE
presented by Haley Farm Bed & Breakfast and Retreat Center

Ingredients:
3 Eggs
1/4 cup Bisquick1-
1/2 cups Milk
Dash of Salt and Pepper
1 cup Chopped Ham
1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
1 cup Shredded Cheddar
1/2 onion chopped and sauted
Chopped Green Peppers

Instructions:
I love simple recipes and this recipe has really made quiche easy and fun.
Mix eggs, Bisquick, milk, salt and pepper in blender on low speed until mixed well (30-45 seconds) Pour blended mix into medium mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour into 9 inch greased pie pan (if you have those fluted quiche pans it will look even better). Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Mara's Note:
1) My family is not big on mushrooms. I skip it and add red & green pepper instead. It makes it very colorful. You can actually add the same amount of any vegetable (spinach, broccoli, etc).

2) I have also made it without vebetables once.

3) Instead of Bisquick (I will add a recipe for it later but meanwhile ...) add the same amount of flour and 1/4 baking powder, increase salt.

4) I get recipes from this awesome website : bbonline.com. It is for finding Bed and Breakfast hotels and they add good recipes to promote their places. Lots of good from scratch recipes. I recommend it.

No hay comentarios: