miércoles, 6 de agosto de 2008

Gazpacho

This recipe was given to my by one of my friends, but I have to say, I know as many guazpacho recipes as Spanish ladies. There is always a family recipe that is better than the other. I think the key is to have an idea of the basic ingrediends and increase more of one or other vegetable to personal taste. I recommend you start with this recipe and see how it taste. Next time increase or decrease any of the vegetables to your preference. Have fun on the process!!
Ingredients:
4-5 tomatoes
1-2 garlic cloves, depending on personal taste
1/2 cucumber, peeled
1/2 onion
1 cup of water
Salt to taste
1/2 olive oil
1 or 2 T. Vinegar, depending on personal taste
Opt. 3 pieces of Spanish bread (similar to French) soaked on water


Put all the ingredients in the blender and that is it! Place in the refrigerator as it should cold before serving. You can also serve it with ice.


. I add more or less water depending if I want to drind on a cup or eat with a spoon.

. I personally like a little thicker than tomato juice.
. You can peel the tomatoes boiling it beforehand. We keep it for extra fiber.

. Better kept on a jar or recipient that can be shaken before serving.

. My husband loves to have the other half of cucumber, onion, pepper, tomato, all shopped in small pieces and served aside. You can through a few of those in the bowl and it makes it even better.

No hay comentarios: